Donna is a culinary explorer with a passion for sauces. She thrives on discovering new sauces and experimenting with unique flavor mixtures. When not crafting magic in her kitchen, she is an avid hiker, exploring nature's grandeur.
When it comes to grilling vegetables, the best sauces to enhance their natural flavors include a tangy balsamic glaze, a classic chimichurri, a spicy Thai peanut sauce, and a smoky barbeque sauce. These sauces not only add a burst of flavor but also elevate the taste of your grilled vegetables.
Discover the Sweet and Tangy World of Balsamic Glaze 🍯
A balsamic glaze is a great choice for any grilled vegetable. Its sweet and tangy flavor enhances the natural sweetness of the vegetables while adding a gourmet feel to your dish. You can easily make it at home by reducing balsamic vinegar with a bit of brown sugar. For a more in-depth guide, check out my homemade sauce recipes.
You will need:
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Start by combining 1 cup of balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer.
- Continue to simmer until the mixture is reduced by half, this should take about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the glaze is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Allow the balsamic glaze to cool before using it.
The balsamic glaze can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. It's perfect for drizzling over grilled vegetables, salads, and even grilled meats.
Ingredients: 1 cup balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Method: Combine vinegar and sugar in a saucepan, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until it thickens into a syrupy consistency.
Venture into the Fresh and Herbaceous Flavors of Chimichurri 🌿
Chimichurri is a classic Argentinian sauce that pairs perfectly with grilled vegetables. Its fresh and herbaceous flavor with a hint of garlic and vinegar compliments the charred taste of grilled vegetables. For a step-by-step guide on how to make Chimichurri, visit my sauce-making guide.
Let's dive into the process of making this vibrant and flavorful sauce.
Mastering the Art of Chimichurri Sauce
And there you have it! Your homemade Chimichurri sauce is ready to complement your grilled vegetables.
Ingredients: 1 cup fresh parsley, 4 cloves garlic, 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, salt to taste. Method: Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined.
Experience the Creamy, Spicy, and Sweet Thai Peanut Sauce 🥜🌶️
Thai peanut sauce is a flavorful option for those who love a bit of spice and nuttiness. It's creamy, spicy, and sweet, making it a perfect accompaniment for grilled vegetables. For more spicy sauce inspiration, explore my hot sauce pairings.
Thai Peanut Sauce
You will need:
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and chili flakes.
- Stir the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Gradually add the water, stirring continuously until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
This sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. It's perfect for dipping or drizzling over grilled vegetables.
Ingredients: 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon chili flakes. Method: Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
Indulge in the Classic Smoky and Tangy BBQ Sauce 🍖
Barbeque sauce is a classic choice for any grilled dish. Its smoky, sweet, and tangy flavor profile works well with grilled vegetables. You can either purchase a high-quality BBQ sauce or make your own. Check out my top-rated BBQ sauces here.
You will need:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Start by gathering all your ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup of ketchup, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, and 1 tablespoon of mustard.
- Stir the ingredients together until well combined.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 20 minutes, remove the saucepan from the heat and let the sauce cool before using.
This homemade barbeque sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. It's perfect for enhancing the flavor of your grilled vegetables.
Ingredients: 1 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon mustard, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Method: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, simmer for 15 minutes.
Now that we've covered some of the best sauces to pair with grilled vegetables, let's address some common questions you might have.
FAQs on Best Sauces for Grilled Vegetables
Remember, the best sauce for your grilled vegetables will depend on your personal taste preferences. Don't be afraid to experiment with different sauces to find your perfect match!