Simple Vegetarian Gravy Recipe 🌱
Simple Vegetarian Gravy
You will need:
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by heating 2 cups of vegetable broth in a saucepan until it reaches a simmer.
- While the broth is heating, take a separate bowl and combine 1/4 cup of flour, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast. Mix these ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Once your broth is simmering, gradually whisk it into the flour mixture. Make sure to whisk constantly to prevent lumps and ensure a smooth gravy.
- After the broth has been fully incorporated, return the mixture to the saucepan. Cook it over medium heat, stirring constantly. This process will help the gravy to thicken.
- Finally, season your gravy with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning as needed until you're satisfied with the flavor.
This gravy is perfect for drizzling over your favorite vegetarian dishes. It's packed with flavor and adds a comforting, savory element to any meal.
Looking to add a flavorful touch to your vegetarian dishes? Look no further than this simple vegetarian gravy recipe. Packed with savory goodness, this gravy is the perfect accompaniment to elevate your meals to the next level. Whether you're a seasoned vegetarian or just looking to incorporate more plant-based options into your diet, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
To whip up this delicious vegetarian gravy, you'll need a few basic ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Start with 2 cups of vegetable broth, which forms the base of the gravy. The vegetable broth adds depth and richness to the final product. Next, you'll need 1/4 cup of flour to thicken the gravy and give it a smooth consistency.
To enhance the flavor of the gravy, add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. The soy sauce adds a savory umami taste that complements the other ingredients perfectly. For a cheesy, nutty flavor, incorporate 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast is a popular ingredient in vegetarian cooking, known for its cheesy and slightly nutty taste.
No gravy is complete without seasoning, so don't forget to add salt and pepper to taste. Seasoning is crucial to bring out the flavors of the other ingredients and create a well-balanced gravy.
Now that you have all the ingredients ready, let's get cooking! Start by heating the vegetable broth until it simmers. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, soy sauce, and nutritional yeast until well combined. Gradually whisk in the simmering vegetable broth until the mixture is smooth.
Next, return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the gravy thickens to your desired consistency. The stirring is important to prevent any lumps from forming and to ensure a smooth texture.
Once the gravy has thickened, it's time to season it with salt and pepper. Taste as you go and adjust the seasoning according to your preference. Remember, seasoning is subjective, so feel free to add more or less depending on your taste.
This vegetarian gravy is incredibly versatile and can be drizzled over a variety of dishes. Pour it over mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or even vegetarian meat substitutes for a burst of flavor. The possibilities are endless!
So, the next time you're craving a delicious sauce to elevate your vegetarian meals, give this simple vegetarian gravy recipe a try. It's easy to make, packed with flavor, and adds a comforting, savory element to any dish. Enjoy!
- Image credits: vegetable broth, flour, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper by Sauce Review.