🍅 Homemade Marinara Sauce for Gnocchi
Homemade Marinara Sauce for Gnocchi
You will need:
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- First, ensure you have all your ingredients at hand. This will make the cooking process smoother and quicker.
- Next, heat the extra virgin olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. The olive oil adds a rich, fruity flavor to the sauce.
- Once the oil is hot, add the minced garlic. Sauté it until it becomes fragrant but be careful not to burn it as it can become bitter.
- Then, pour in the can of crushed tomatoes. This forms the base of our marinara sauce.
- Stir in the chopped fresh basil, salt, and pepper. The fresh basil adds a hint of sweetness and a pop of color to the sauce, while the salt and pepper season it.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. This allows the flavors to meld together beautifully.
This sauce is perfect for gnocchi but can also be used for pasta, lasagna, or as a dipping sauce for breadsticks. Feel free to adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
Embark on a culinary journey to Italy right from your kitchen with our simple yet incredibly flavorful Homemade Marinara Sauce for Gnocchi. This sauce is not just a condiment, it's a celebration of fresh, vibrant ingredients coming together to create a symphony of flavors that will elevate your gnocchi, and indeed, any pasta dish to new gastronomic heights.
Our marinara sauce recipe is a testament to the beauty of Italian cuisine - simple ingredients, cooked with love and attention, resulting in a dish that is so much more than the sum of its parts. The star of the show is the crushed tomatoes, their rich and tangy flavor forming the backbone of the sauce. The addition of fresh basil brings a fragrant, herby note that is quintessentially Italian, while the garlic and extra virgin olive oil lend a depth and complexity of flavor that will have you coming back for seconds.
But the beauty of this sauce doesn’t end with gnocchi. It's a versatile gem that can be used to liven up a variety of dishes. Whether you're making a classic lasagna, need a dipping sauce for breadsticks, or simply want to add a touch of Italy to your pasta, this marinara sauce is your ticket to a quick and delicious meal. If you're looking for more inspiration on how to use this sauce, check out our non-pasta recipes that use marinara sauce.
For those who are new to the world of homemade sauces, don't fret. We've got you covered with our guide on making the best sauce at home. And if you're a seasoned sauce-maker looking for more recipes to add to your repertoire, our collection of homemade sauce recipes is a treasure trove of culinary delights.
So why not give our Homemade Marinara Sauce for Gnocchi a try? It's a simple, satisfying, and delicious way to bring a taste of Italy to your table. And if you're interested in exploring more Italian sauces, our article on the best sauces for gnocchi is a must-read. Happy cooking!