🍅 Basic Tomato and Basil Sauce Recipe
Basic Tomato and Basil Sauce
You will need:
- 2 cans of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. This will form the base of your sauce and infuse it with a rich, savory flavor.
- Next, add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the pan. Sauté these until they turn a golden color. This will bring out their natural sweetness and add depth to your sauce.
- Then, pour in the two cans of crushed tomatoes. These will form the body of your sauce. Stir well to combine with the onion and garlic.
- Now, add a bunch of fresh basil to the pan. This will give your sauce a fragrant, herbal note that pairs perfectly with the tomatoes. Also, add salt and pepper to taste at this stage.
- Finally, let your sauce simmer for 20-30 minutes. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the sauce to thicken slightly. Stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
This sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or frozen for up to three months. It's perfect for pairing with gnocchi, but can also be used with other types of pasta.
Unleash the culinary artist within you with our Basic Tomato and Basil Sauce recipe. This sauce is a timeless classic, a symphony of flavors that can elevate any dish from ordinary to extraordinary. Whether you're a seasoned chef or a kitchen novice, this recipe is sure to become a staple in your cooking repertoire.
Tomato and basil, the main stars of this recipe, are a match made in culinary heaven. The tangy sweetness of tomatoes perfectly complements the aromatic freshness of basil, creating a sauce that's both vibrant and comforting. But what types of tomatoes work best for this sauce? Find out in our article on what types of tomatoes are best for making sauce.
Our recipe uses simple, wholesome ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. But don't let its simplicity fool you. This sauce is packed with flavor, thanks to the perfect balance of ingredients. And if you're wondering how to make your tomato sauce even better, check out our tips on making tomato sauce taste better.
Pair this sauce with your favorite pasta, use it as a base for your pizza, or serve it with warm, crusty bread. The possibilities are endless. If you're looking for pasta inspiration, we have a collection of easy-to-make tomato sauce recipes for pasta that you'll love.
Not a fan of tomatoes? No problem! We have a variety of vegetable-based alternatives to tomato-based pasta sauces that are just as delicious and satisfying.
So, why not roll up your sleeves and start cooking? With our Basic Tomato and Basil Sauce recipe, you're not just making a sauce, you're creating a masterpiece. Bon appétit!